The AIIMS institute has ranked the first position among Indian Medical Colleges according to the National Institute Ranking Framework (NIRF). The AIIMS is not only known for its academic excellence and its achievements inside and outside the country, but also for its involvement in community works which carry out different health activities to enhance health awareness and health accessibility in the country. The college provides all major medical, the eligibility and selection criteria of which is decided by the college admission committee.
About : All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is a Public Hospital and medical research institute in the capital city New Delhi. The AIIMS is an autonomous institute under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The AIIMS Delhi is spread in an area of about 100 acres. The east campus of the AIIMS is overhauled by 10,000 patients per day. The AIIMS has also achieved the Kayakalp (first prize for maintaining the cleanliness within the premises) award for being the Cleanest Medical Facility for 3 consecutive years.
AIIMS Delhi Quick Facts
- AIIMS has an Academic Staff of 671 members and administrative staff of 9956 members
- The AIIMS Delhi has a strength of 18,933 students out of which 3209 undergraduates and 10399 postgraduates and 1991 are doctoral students.
- AIIMS has the first Indian and only Minimally Invasive Surgery Training Center, under collaboration with Germany.
- AIIMS is the first Indian Institute to perform a successful Cardiac Transplant, the first in-vitro fertilization facility in the public sector. The AIIMS holds the reputation of being a Pioneer in Stem Cell Injection.
- The AIIMS Delhi has a total number of 25 clinical departments including four Super Speciality centres.
- The AIIMS campuses are divided into East Campus, West Campus, JPNA Trauma Center, Masjid Moth Campus and Ayurvigyan Campus.
AIIMS Delhi Rankings
- According to the surveys of QS WUR 2020 , The AIIMS Delhi has ranked 231st position in the category of life sciences and medicine in the world.
- The AIIMS Delhi was ranked 1st in India by India Today and Outlook India in the year 2020.
- The AIIMs has gained a reputation of being in the world’s best 100 hospitals according to the Newsweek Surveys.